- [RESOLVED] Plugins not rendering in IE9
Plugins not rendering in IE9
Plugins should work cross browser, though IE9 (and possibly other versions of IE) have issues when rendered in quirks mode or compatibility view. To ensure your page is rendering in a standards compliant mod, follow these steps:
- make sure there are no compatibility flags in your markup: e.g. <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />
- make sure you are using a valid <!DOCTYPE ...> declaration
- make sure there isn't any whitespace (newline) before the <!DOCTYPE ...> declaration. Having whitespace (or anything) before the DOCTYPE can force IE to render in quirks-mode, which the LinkedIn platform also does not support.
- make sure your browser isn't forcing compatibility mode. See the blog post on MSDN about Document Mode in IE9