bannerColor WARNING_YELLOW templateName stackForums

How can i get api key, api secret, access token, token secret?

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Guru Patil's picture
Mar 10, 2010
How can i get api key, api secret, access token, token secret?

Hihow to get API Key , API Secret , Access token , token secretThanks and RegardsGuru

Anonymous (not verified)
Mar 10, 2010

You get your API key and secret here: https://www.linkedin.com/secure/developerTo get the rest, check out the OAuth documentation that will describe the steps to follow: OAuth Authentication

Guru Patil's picture
Mar 11, 2010

thanks siri got API Key And Secret Key.please tell me how to get access token, token secret. Thnaks in advanceGuru

Ashwin Prasad's picture
Mar 11, 2010

Hi,Kindly go through this first - http://hueniverse.com/oauth/Try understanding the terminologies, you can then implement them here to get the credentials you want.http://developer.linkedin.com/node/1008Thanks- Ashwin

Guru Patil's picture
Mar 11, 2010

E:\PROJECTS\linkedinjava\src\linkedinjava\Main.java:19: package com.google.code.linkedinapi.client does not existimport com.google.code.linkedinapi.client.LinkedInApiClient;can you give me url (linkedin API jar file) complete ,ThanksGuru

Ashwin Prasad's picture
Mar 11, 2010

One more method is by executing these programsdownload these : http://code.google.com/p/linkedin-j/import this into the code : http://developer.linkedin.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/1596-1073/linkedin-signpost-0.1.zipYou can obtain your request and access token credentials via one of these programs.Thanks- Ashwin

Sathish Palanisamy's picture
Oct 3, 2010

Its big to read! No simple examples to get access token & secret?

Sathish Palanisamy's picture
Oct 3, 2010

Also, I didn't understand getting the PIN?!! How to make it permanent...(by serializing the access token)?!! i just want to show my linkedin profile details in my website....its not possible for the people visiting my website to know my linkedin credentials....

Subesh Gupta's picture
Sep 27, 2012

Total confused !!!!!!!!

Kamyar Mohager's picture
LinkedIn Employee
Sep 28, 2012

Hi guys,

We have a fairly simple and straight forward document on getting started with our API. It provides clear instructions on how to get an API key and make your first API call successfully.

https://developer.linkedin.com/documents/quick-start-guide

Kamyar

Sam Mathew's picture
Oct 17, 2012

tha api key and the secret key is too short than the one used in earlier code. So what is supposed to be appende or prefixed with the keys??

Kamyar Mohager's picture
LinkedIn Employee
Oct 17, 2012

You shouldn't really be concerned about the length of the key and secret. As long as you use what's provided to you by LinkedIn as your API key/secret, that's what should matter.

Sam Mathew's picture
Oct 17, 2012

ok thank you Kamayar.. it worked for me.. :)

Kamyar Mohager's picture
LinkedIn Employee
Oct 19, 2012

Glad to hear it

Imanuel Weni's picture
Oct 23, 2012

Hi Kemyar, for call API key no problem my application can run all itu, but we need how to get access token and used for continue when we want to share, command second time, how can, can you share please...?

Jan 2, 2013

I want to get peoplesearch mechanism through linkedin for both in-network and out of network.please provide some code.I am trying with the following code:
Map<SearchScope, String> searchParametersConnections = new EnumMap<SearchScope, String>(SearchScope.class);
searchParametersConnections.put(SearchScope.PEOPLE, keywords);

//People people1=client.searchPeople(searchParametersConnections);
Map<SearchParameter, String> searchParameters = new EnumMap<SearchParameter, String>(SearchParameter.class);
searchParameters.put(SearchParameter.FIRST_NAME , keywords);
//Map<SearchParameter,String> nameSerachParameters= new EnumMap<SearchParameter, String>(SearchParameter.class);

People people = client.searchPeople(searchParameters);
//People peopleSearch=client.searchPeople(nameSerachParameters);
//System.out.println("Number of Search Result" + people.getCount());
for (Person person : people.getPersonList()) {
System.out.println("PERSON ID : " + person.getId());
Person newProfile=client.getProfileById(person.getId());
System.out.println("The Name is:" +newProfile.getFirstName()+newProfile.getLastName());

}
People people1 = client.searchPeople(searchParameters);
for (Person person : people1.getPersonList()) {
person = client.getProfileByApiRequest(person.getApiStandardProfileRequest());
System.out.println("Person ID------->>>.."+person.getId());
Person outsideProfile=client.getProfileById(person.getId());
System.out.println("The Name------->>>>...-->>"+outsideProfile.getFirstName()+outsideProfile.getLastName());
}
It shows the following output:
PERSON ID : u1Vcz-qgbV
The Name is:NirajAdhikary
PERSON ID : 4l9Y-_fPdx
The Name is:Niraj KumarBahety
PERSON ID : BYBr7dyUpe
The Name is:NIRAJKUMAR
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: api request cannot be null.
at com.google.code.linkedinapi.client.impl.BaseLinkedInApiClient.assertNotNull(BaseLinkedInApiClient.java:3981)
at com.google.code.linkedinapi.client.impl.BaseLinkedInApiClient.getProfileByApiRequest(BaseLinkedInApiClient.java:1130)
at com.bfs.ibp.spotlight.linkedin.RequiredLinkedinInfo.main(RequiredLinkedinInfo.java:78)
pls help me.

Shikha A. Sehgal's picture
LinkedIn Employee
Jan 3, 2013

hey Diptarghya:

Please refer to our People Search API documentation in order to learn more about how to use this API.

Jan 6, 2013

Hi Shikha,
I have found The results properly.For an example if I search with 'Sayan' I will get the search result.But problem is that I am not able to find the profile information of Those persons which i got as a search result.My code is as below:
for (Person person : people.getPersonList()) {
System.out.println("PERSON ID : " + person.getId());
Person newProfile=client.getProfileById(person.getId());
System.out.println("The Name is:" +newProfile.getFirstName()+newProfile.getLastName() +"Summary"+newProfile.getSummary()+"-----"+ newProfile.getCurrentStatus());

}
I only get the firstName,Lastname and The id. But all The other fields such as:summary,description,associations everything comes null.please help me.

Jan 9, 2013

1)I have done out of network People search successfully.Now The Problem is that I only retrieve 5 fields (Name,Id,HeadLine,Industry,Summary) for the searched people.But I cannot find the other details such as birthdate,education qualification of those searched person.Please help me in this case.
2)Another thing is that I have seen in order to get details i have to add r_network authentication in my code.Kindly give me some guideline how to add this authenticate permission in my java code.

Rcvtest innovations's picture
May 17, 2013

Hi Can anybody tell me how to login into Linkedin account from my website on image click using javascript api My api key is 'gl8b5ewk8c6i'