Serious Bug/Bugs !!!

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
Naveed Nadir's picture
Apr 7, 2011
Serious Bug/Bugs !!!

I just tried this in IE9. I sign in with User A. Log User A out and then try signing in with User B. LinkedIn login popup accepts User B credential but still return me the profile information of User A. This adds to the list of issues that can make it impossible to launch any product using the API. I will list all the major issues that have been discovered so far.1) FireFox 4. Navigating between pages. The Java Script API doesn't fire onLinkedInAuth and displays the Login with linkedIn button again.2) IN.User.logout(). Is not reliable and doesn't log the user out on some occasions.3) There is no easy way to find out that the users JS token has expired so that relevant actions can be taken on the server.Any help or advice from the LinkedIn team will be greatly appreciated.ThanksNaveed Nadir

Jonathan Seitel's picture
Apr 7, 2011

Hi Naveed,To respond to your questions:1) IE9 and FF4 both shipped very recently, so it's possible something slipped through.  When we tested them, they seemed to be working, but we'll look into your issues and see what's happening.2) Do you have reliable repro steps?3) The OAuth bearer tokens we provide on the client side are valid for approximately 30 minutes.Best,Jon

Naveed Nadir's picture
Apr 7, 2011

Hi Jonathan,I have been testing on FireFox 4, Chrome 11 and IE 9 and all of them are consistent in the following:1) Logout User A and try to login with User B still returns User A's details.Logout should essentially delete all client side cookies associated with the login.     Clearly that is not the case that is why the results are not consistent.2) Although the user token expires in approximately 30 minutes there is no way for my server application to handle the expiration. There should be an event     onTokenExpire that I can tap into to clear the sessions on my server and redirect the user to the Login Page.ThanksNaveed Nadir

Jonathan Seitel's picture
Apr 7, 2011

Fortunately, we have an API for that.  I would recommend setting a timer and calling IN.User.Refresh every 20 minutes or so.HTH,Jon

Naveed Nadir's picture
Apr 7, 2011

Okay. So that solves the problem of the token getting expired. Now I need to figure out how to resolve the multiple user login issue.Thanks for all the help.

Naveed Nadir's picture
Apr 7, 2011

Has anyone else tried logging in with multiple accounts within the same browser. I have tried on three major browsers and all of them have the same problem.

Naveed Nadir's picture
Apr 12, 2011

Regarding the response By Jonathan, I still think the intent should not be to refresh the token explicitly but the api should refresh the token on page load. Secondly in the case where there are no server postbacks for more than 30 minutes, when the client eventually does postback the server would not know if the token has expired and would not be able to redirect the user back to the Login Page and take other necessary actions.There should be a way to explicitly call the api and find out if the last issued token has expired as we cannot directly read the LinkedIn cookies.ThanksNaveed Nadir

Kirsten Hunter's picture
Apr 13, 2011

I've verified that this is an issue, and opened an internal case to get it looked at.  Most JSAPI applications don't offer the logout functionality, but this is definitely not behavior we want from our framework.  We'll let you know when this is resolved.

Naveed Nadir's picture
Apr 13, 2011

Thanks Kirsten,Please do keep me posted.

Naveed Nadir's picture
Apr 19, 2011

Hi Kirsten,Was wondering if I can get some timelines when the particular multi login issue will be resolved.ThanksNaveed Nadir

Kirsten Hunter's picture
Apr 20, 2011

Naveed,Unfortunately LinkedIn has a policy on not commenting on upcoming features/releases.  But I can tell you we're aware of it, and it's a high priority bug, and we're looking to get it into a release as soon as possible.Thanks for your patience,Kirsten

Naveed Nadir's picture
Jun 13, 2011

Hi Kirsten,Haven't recieved any updates yet. It is extremely difficult to launch a product with the mentioned roadblocks.ThanksNaveed Nadir

Kirsten Hunter's picture
Jun 17, 2011

Hi Naveed,I just tested the issue again and was unable to reproduce it.  I believe it may have been fixed along with some other login changes.  Are you still seeing the issue?

Naveed Nadir's picture
Jun 27, 2011

Hi Kirsten,I am unable to logout the users in chrome. ThanksNaveed Nadir

Alex Kersha's picture
Jun 24, 2011

Naveed,You do realize that these people work for LinkedIn, not you right? (j/k ;p)Just use a function like:function refreshMemberSession(memberID){     if(IN.User.authorized(memberID))          IN.User.refresh(memberID);     else { ... call a URL which will authenticate the user using IN/Login ... }}

Naveed Nadir's picture
Jun 27, 2011

Thanks Alex,Will try that out.

Naveed Nadir's picture
Apr 11, 2011

I am still having the multiple user issue. Further investigation shows that the although the secure exchange cookie is refreshed with the newly logged In user's Id (member_id) the JavaScript API still pulls the old user's profile. Can a LinkedIn developer provide some details as to how the JavaScript API fetches information from the LinkedIn repository. I believe there is some cookie value being used that is not cleared on Logout.ThanksNaveed Nadir

Kirsten Hunter's picture
Apr 12, 2011

Hi Naveed,This is definitely not how we expect the framework to work.  I'm working on reproducing so we can figure out the right strategy.  Kirsten

Naveed Nadir's picture
Apr 12, 2011

Thanks Kirsten

Sasha Epstein's picture
Dec 19, 2011

Hi,
I wonder if there has been any resolution on the problems that Naveed reported. Particulary on multiple login/logout issue and the 30 min token expiration. We have the same problems.
thanks, Sasha

Dec 19, 2011

Hi, I got the same problem, in IE9. I logged in as User A, and then got news feed of user B.
Seems like logout API call does not works.

Is there fix/workaround for this?

Suzanne Giroux's picture
Feb 27, 2012

I'm trying to delete an account. Sent messages, received ticket number and waiting...

Tried logging in with email and requested new password..still waiting... Can anyone please provide some support??? BTW, I tried the support line.. No luck there either!

Jeremy Johnstone's picture
Feb 28, 2012

Hi Suzanne,

This forum is for support of our developers and our API platform. Website issues must be submitted to http://help.linkedin.com as nobody here has access to help you.

My apologies!

-Jeremy

Aug 22, 2012

Removed connections still appearing in Connections list.

I am able to see the removed connections still in the list of connections which I feel is not proper. Also there is no option to remove the connection from the profile of the person I am viewing.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Suzanne Giroux's picture
Aug 23, 2012

It took over a week, but the folks at Linked in were able to resolve my problem ;)

Sep 26, 2012

hi i am not able to import my resume is this a bug ?

Sep 27, 2012

We are using Java Script API for Linked In Profile extraction in our application. Does Java Script API support Internet Explorer 9 on Windows 7 Box? If so any changes are needed.

Valerie LACOUX's picture
Feb 7, 2013

Hi all, i have an issue With Linkedin
I want to use the fonction to get introduced, but normallly a window Is opening to allow to write an email to your common contact....but nothing comes....iahve an iPad but its the same With my standard computer With Google chrome. When i use husband computer it works...Is somebody aware about what s happening...thanks

Khushboo Shah's picture
Mar 14, 2013

I am searching for Jobs, so using LinkedIn frequently,and its really helpful!!
But, recently I came across a bug and thought of notifying the developers!!
While applying for a job, the date applied is not taking care of timezone .
Also, When scrolling though the applied jobs, I guess there is a new feature, which is supposed to load the next rows as we scroll down..But here its loading the same rows again and again, which doesn't let me see the other jobs applied..

Michel Goulet's picture
May 26, 2013

Why we cannot sent a message to more then 10 contacts (relations) when you use the Tag filter ?

sushma Palled's picture
Aug 5, 2013

Bug in Linkedin Sessions
Steps to reproduce:
1.Loginto your account.
2.Close the Browser.
3.Open a new browser and type 'http://in.linkedin.com/' which takes to 'Signin' Page.
4.Enter any USERNAME and PASSWORD(NO matter the emailID exists or not).

Expected Result: Either it should hav logged out when we close the browser or directly take to home page when loggedin from second browser

Actual Result:It asks me to login but when i give invalid credentials, it takes to the Account page but with a error message saying'Invalid Password'. But I can still access the account by typing the tabs(Home,Profile) and get the notifications as well which is as good as loggedin.

Jhanvi Vaghela's picture
Nov 14, 2013

Not able to delete a post in my profile. For example ,there is an update of added skill on my profile, in activity section, there is an option to delete this activity, but when i click delete , no action occurs and nothing is deleted.