How to access linkedin's profiles without member authenticate

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jun 30, 2011
How to access linkedin's profiles without member authenticate

Hi,I am currently developing a module on existing application that will allow a user to access LinkedIn's public data from our contacts database.I have my Api key and secret key... Is it possible to access the information without the user of my application is forced to login?

Kirsten Hunter's picture
Jun 30, 2011

You can link to public profiles, or use the existing plugins.  But you can not make API queries unless the user has been authenticated.

Vincent Sijben's picture
- (Reply to #2) Aug 25, 2011

Hi Kirsten,

I'm developing a website lets say for myself. I want my website to authenticate with my linkedin account automatically with javascript. Is this possible?
I want to show other visitors for example my connections directly when they enter a specific URL on my domain. Only thing I see in the documentation of Javascript is visitors authenticating themselves on their own account.

Thanks in advance...
Vincent

Kirsten Hunter's picture
Aug 25, 2011

There is no way to do this with the Javascript API. You can do something like this with the REST API, but you'll need to handle the OAuth parts in your application.

Vincent Sijben's picture
- (Reply to #4) Aug 25, 2011

Hi Kirsten,

When I read https://developer.linkedin.com/documents/exchange-jsapi-tokens-rest-api-oauth-tokens I thought, I could ones log in into my site, grant access, save it serverside. And from that time on, any visitor could see my connections automatically, isn't that correct?

2. Could I do it the other way around? What if I grant my serverside code access to my linkedin account. Is there a way I can translate that so I can use the great easy-to-use javascript api?

Thanks for your quick reply!

Kirsten Hunter's picture
Aug 25, 2011

Unfortunately, the Javascript API uses information stored in the user's browser, which is tied to that user's login with LinkedIn and authorization. So there's really no way to do this using the Javascript API at this time.

Vincent Sijben's picture
- (Reply to #6) Aug 25, 2011

Okay too bad. But if I build a scenario with Javascript API, that code could be easily converted into serverside code?
Do you have a javascript example for group api?

Shantanu Deo's picture
Jan 15, 2013

Is there anyway to get all profiles with certain keywords programmatically?

Jan 18, 2013

I am trying to do the same thing. When we have engaged an individual contact, we want to be able to quickly find that person on LinkedIn and manually match them to the Contact record we have on our database, without each employee here having to own a LinkedIn account or log in to LinkedIn.

Kishore Babu's picture
Aug 26, 2013

Hi,i am currently working in linked API'S
I have my Api key and secret key.
Using public profile url, is it possible to access the information without the user of my application is forced to login?

rijo joy's picture
Sep 17, 2013

When I try to access a public profile url http://www.linkedin.com/in/jobma from my Amazon AWS instance the page is getting redirected to login page but the same url I can access through other server and from my local machine as well. Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue?